Tomato Chicken Penne
"I love how fast this creamy dish is to prepare," says Glencoe, Minnesota's Cynthia Ettel. "My whole family enjoys it. Substitute shrimp, sausage or even sliced pepperoni for the chicken."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in wine or broth; cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and slightly thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Chicken Penne in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.