Greek Chicken Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the artichokes, tomato, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with oregano if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 431 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 30, 2017
It requires a lot of ingredients. The dish has a mild flavor. Over all it was pretty good. The kids didn't complain too much about it :)
Oct 10, 2016
Good, quick & easy.
Jan 14, 2015
Was very tasty.light and flavorful.I made it with glutenfree pasta
Feb 24, 2014
This was wonderful - one of the best pasta dishes I have ever made and really quick and easy - it doesn't get much better than that!!! Since one of my daughters is a vegetarian, I made a small batch for her minus the chicken. Didn't really change anything but I did add a little extra feta and a small can of sliced black olives. Also used a 12 oz. jar of marinated artichokes which seemed to be a good amount and drizzled some of the olive oil marinade over the finished dish. Oh wow - it was just so darn good!!!
Feb 21, 2012
I added about 1 cup of pasta water for moisture. Thanks for the recipe!
Feb 7, 2011
I love this recipe. This is probably the first time i have ever cooked with artichoke. It was yummy! I didnt have fresh oregano so I used dried. It was still flavorful.
Jan 27, 2011
Great recipe! Left out the red onion and cut back on the artichoke for our tastes, but it was delicious.
Jan 10, 2011
I used grape tomatoes instead and they worked really well with the dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.