Greek Garlic Chicken
Lively flavors of the Greek Isles come through in this mouthwatering chicken entree. I created this dish so my husband and I could have a nice dinner after a busy day out and about. —Margee Berry, Trout Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup broth, olives, tomatoes, tapioca, lemon peel and oregano. Add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining oil and broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 318 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Gold Medal Greek Garlic Chicken with Couscous in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.