Garlic Chicken Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1/4 cup oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan; saute until tender. Stir in the wine or broth, tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and reserved chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti. Add the chicken mixture, cheese and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 604 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Oct 21, 2013
I really resent getting recipes like this in the "healthy" recipe section. What drugs were the editors on when they decided to call this healthy?
Jul 29, 2008
Made this tonight for the first time. I used a fresh tomato from my garden (seeded it, too) instead of sun dried. It was GREAT! Will make this one again for sure!Jan
Jul 16, 2008
Very,very good but a little dry so I added the whole can of chicken broth and it was wonderful. Judy
May 9, 2008
I made it Monday night! YUMMY!!! It's a MUST try! I'm on Weight Watchers so I was shocked to read the above post. Oh well, I'll just be extra good this week, it was worth it! :)
May 5, 2008
14 points for Weight Watchers-- bummer-- it sounds so good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.