Greek Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dash salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, garlic and salt. Add chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a rack in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with cucumber sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 276 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2016
We did not like the cucumber; the dip was too thin and frothy. I'll squeeze extra lemon and put some coarse pepper on the wings and sprinkle them with feta. Would skip the dip altogether.
Sep 1, 2014
Yum, these were delicious! I loved the feta directly in the sauce. The next day, I shredded the leftover chicken, chopped tomatoes, red onion and lettuce and served on pitas as chicken gyros. It was a hit both ways!
Aug 25, 2013
Nice departure from hot wings. Delicious.
Feb 8, 2011
Not the flavor we were looking for. They were good, but not great. The cucumber sauce was delicious. I added the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. sugar and that brought out the other flavors.
Jul 8, 2010
This is FANTASTIC, EASY and DELISH!!!!! Just make 3-4x's the dipping sauce cuz it's great.You'll never use another wing recipe again!!! ...royurboat
Feb 2, 2009
I made Buffalo Hot Wings for the Super Bowl and these Greek Chicken Wings. Touch down for the Greek Chicken Wings. A winning recipe. Thanks for sharing!