Greek Chicken Nachos
These delicious nachos are perfect on Greek night with family or friends, but don't treat them like an appetizer! Packed with chicken, cheese and all your Greek flavors, these nachos make for a hearty, filling meal. Brenda Murphy - Spokane, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) lemon-pepper marinated chicken breast fillets
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 package crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook chicken in batches on an indoor grill for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place garbanzo beans and salad dressing in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Dice chicken. In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bean mixture, tortilla chips, chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes, olives and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Greek Chicken Nachos in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009