Chicken Chili Nachos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until no longer pink. Add tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tomato juice is reduced. Stir in the beans, paprika, cumin and cayenne; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on two large microwave-safe plates; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 25-30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 484 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2017
Feb 28, 2017
Very tasty! Baked on a pizza pan in the oven instead of microwave.
Oct 13, 2013
Quick and tasty ... Used fresh tomatoes and the oven to finish off
Jul 2, 2012
This was amazing! We made some minor changes, though. We used great white northern beans and regular pepper. All in all, it was really good!!
Mar 1, 2012
I put in a can of diced tomatoes with no green chilies. Everyone loved it. I served it with sour cream for my "not so hot" crowd.
Jan 3, 2011
Excellent nachos but pretty spicy. Use less cayenne if you don't like hot food.
Aug 28, 2010
I have been making this recipe for quite awhile. I also add garlic, taco seasoning and chili powder. Sorry I am Italian and can't tell you how much because I never measure. I also add a can of black beans. The recipe is very versatile too. Try it with ground beef and you can also wrap them in tortilla shells. Add lettuce,chopped tomatoes, sour cream and black olives on top of the chips or inside the tortilla shells. Have fun with it. Enjoy!