Nacho Chicken Casserole
"My fiance never tires of this cheesy Southwestern dish," notes Caroline Nielsen from Wausau, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses; stir half into the chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 396 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Nacho Chicken Casserole in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Jun 10, 2015
Sep 22, 2010
Pretty good make ahead and refrigerate recipe. To bake extend cook time by 10 minutes. I wasn't sure if this casserole would stand alone so I placed a cup of cooked brown rice under the chicken mixture and I'm glad I did.