Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with half the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 400 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Jan 16, 2020
I made this for one of our girls luncheons and we all loved it!
Sep 26, 2019
Thought this was really good
Aug 22, 2019
This was ok. Not our top Southwest/Tex Mex dinner, but would give it another try.
Jul 17, 2019
This was really good! Made some refried beans along side and bang zoom! Sunday night supper!
May 31, 2019
This was good. I will definitely make again.
May 7, 2019
This was enjoyed by the whole family
Apr 18, 2019
wow was very good. made a few changes used spicy salsa instead of salsa verde also used spicy salsa instead of fresh tomatoes. thanks for sharing this recipe
Jan 15, 2019
This wasn’t that great. Not a lot of flavor.
Nov 3, 2018
This was great! It won't be "soupy" or "runny" if you use Roma tomatoes, cut them in half crosswise and squeeze out the seeds before dicing.
Oct 15, 2018
This was easy to put together and very tasty. I would have liked a bit more heat, so I'd add some jalapenos to jazz it up a little. However, it's very good as is and I highly recommend it.