Nacho Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 259 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 2, 2013
I made this recipe for a crock pot party and it got mixed reviews. It was okay. It didn't have the flavor I was looking for it was a bit bland. I plan on making this again but I am going to mix in some bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.
Dec 25, 2011
I made this recipe for the first time this Christmas (2011) and it was a BIG hit. My husband kept bragging about it. I made the batter the night before and then placed it in a greased crockpot and put it on high. When I came home from church it was finished.
May 18, 2011
I couldn't find nacho cheese soup so I substituted cheddar cheese soup. This was good, but not fantastic. I don't know if it would have been better with the nacho cheese soup, but it didn't have a tremendous flavor to it.
Nov 6, 2010
THIS RECIPE WAS DELICIOUS. I MADE IT FOR OUR DAY OF QUILTING AND EVERYONE LOVED IT. THE ONLY THING IS THAT I LOVE NACHO CHEESE AND YOU COULDN'T TASTE THE NACHO IN IT. I WAS LOOKING FOREWARD TO THAT TASTE. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS ANYWAY.
Apr 10, 2010
I made this casserole for my family and some friends. Everyone loved it! In fact, my mom was so impressed by how delicious it tasted and how easy it was to prepare that she copied the recipe and made it for her monthly lunch with her brothers and sister.