Makeover Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 136 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2016
We loved this! Will be making this again! ??
Jan 19, 2016
Family loves it, will stay as a favorite in my recipe box!
Jan 17, 2015
I really love this casserole. It is so easy to make. I have made it twice already. The second time I made it, I added sliced turkey sausage to it. Will probably be making it again because my 18 month old son loves it!
Dec 1, 2014
I make this all the time. Try using hash brown O'Brien's. These hash browns contain onions and peppers which adds more flavor. I know this recipe consist of onions but there is something about using hash browns O'Brien.
Nov 21, 2014
I bought hash browns by mistake and had no idea what to do with them until I saw this recipe. It was a little dry but tasty. Nice alt to fries.
Nov 13, 2014
I added diced ham and used hash down diced potatoes instead of regular hashbrowns. I actually cooked the potatoes to lightly brown before putting in oven, too. It became a main dish for Sunday night family supper. it was delicious and filling
Oct 20, 2014
Liked this very much. Next time will add more flavor, like onion/garlic, and perhaps ham or bacon. Nice consistency and easy to make!
Oct 19, 2014
I needed a one dish dinner so added some sausage to this recipe. I think without the sausage it would have been a little bland. Next time I will add ham. Toss a salad and dinner is ready!
Apr 26, 2011
My husband and I liked this recipe so much I have made it twice since the magazine arrived. I included it with our Easter meal.
Apr 9, 2011
Lacking a little in spices, but overall was good. Went nicely with the ham I made.