Makeover Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 136 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 16, 2016
We loved this! Will be making this again! ??
Jan 19, 2016
Family loves it, will stay as a favorite in my recipe box!
Jan 17, 2015
I really love this casserole. It is so easy to make. I have made it twice already. The second time I made it, I added sliced turkey sausage to it. Will probably be making it again because my 18 month old son loves it!
Dec 1, 2014
I make this all the time. Try using hash brown O'Brien's. These hash browns contain onions and peppers which adds more flavor. I know this recipe consist of onions but there is something about using hash browns O'Brien.
Nov 21, 2014
I bought hash browns by mistake and had no idea what to do with them until I saw this recipe. It was a little dry but tasty. Nice alt to fries.
Nov 13, 2014
I added diced ham and used hash down diced potatoes instead of regular hashbrowns. I actually cooked the potatoes to lightly brown before putting in oven, too. It became a main dish for Sunday night family supper. it was delicious and filling
Oct 20, 2014
Liked this very much. Next time will add more flavor, like onion/garlic, and perhaps ham or bacon. Nice consistency and easy to make!
Oct 19, 2014
I needed a one dish dinner so added some sausage to this recipe. I think without the sausage it would have been a little bland. Next time I will add ham. Toss a salad and dinner is ready!
Apr 26, 2011
My husband and I liked this recipe so much I have made it twice since the magazine arrived. I included it with our Easter meal.
Apr 9, 2011
Lacking a little in spices, but overall was good. Went nicely with the ham I made.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.