Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- Place potatoes in a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 214 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 8, 2018
Came out very dry and clumpy. Had to add milk. Might be better with cheese soup...
Aug 17, 2017
This got mixed reviews from my family. Most of us prefer the cheesy potato recipe that is baked in the oven.
May 3, 2017
I made this for a baby shower and it was a big hit. Delicious!
Nov 9, 2014
Easy and yummy!
May 25, 2012
Jul 31, 2011
Love this recipe. So simple and easy to make, which is what I look for in a recipe. With 5 children to feed, simple and easy is what I need! It was so delicious, too!
Jan 1, 2011
Dec 27, 2010
Perhaps the potato soup had too much chunky potato in it and not enough liquid. This was extremely dry , not creamy. I had to add milk to make it edible which is not good in a slow cooker. It may have been the soup.
Dec 8, 2010
Love this recipe! I vary this recipe with whatever soup, shredded cheese and cream cheese I have on hand. I prefer cream of chicken soup~but that's just me! I also just add the cream cheese right away mostly because I forget that it is suppose to be added later and find no difference :)
Oct 13, 2010
Made this for Thanksgiving family dinner in the past...good results!! Doing it in the slow cooker freed up some time for other preparations.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.