Rich and Creamy Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cream, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 223 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 15, 2011
These potatoes were very rich and creamy but the Parmesan cheese kind of made them taste like potato buds. Not what I expected. They might be better if there was another kind of cheese mixed in, in addition to the Parmesan.
Dec 13, 2009
This is the best potato bake I have ever had. I added pepper to the half & half mixture because I don't think potatoes should ever be without pepper. It turned out great. I also used a 26 oz. package of potatoes, because that's all I had. Next time I would double the potatoes. They only came out about a half inch thick using the 26 oz. package. I will definitely make this again!