Creamy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crumbled cooked bacon and chopped green onion
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, beat the pulp with butter. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, salad dressing mix, chives and garlic. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 ° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with bacon and green onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2019
Love these. Make as main dish with salad. The directions here are a bit confusing. I cut the tops off and then re-stuff. Not sure why the directions say to cut the tops off, then cut in half. Seems like an either/or versus both. I'm sure either would work, depending on the serving size you prefer.
Jun 11, 2017
I've made these countless times over the years!! My entire family is wild about these stuffed potatoes, especially my youngest son. He'll look at the pan as it comes out of the oven and ask, "Well, that my portion, what are the rest of you eating?!" I like the extra flavoring the ranch dressing gives these spuds. Something special for company and they can be made ahead and placed in the fridge until baking time.
Mar 25, 2014
Definitely something I will make again. The family loves it.
Nov 21, 2011
I've made this recipe a few times and it's always flawless. They're fantastic!
Jun 6, 2011
Best stuffed potato recipe yet!!!I make it frequently ...
May 29, 2011
These have become a favorite that I make as often as my diet will allow :)
Apr 9, 2011
My son absolutely loves these potatoes. I load up the oven with potatoes, stuff them, and then instead of popping them back in the oven, I arrange them on cookie sheets in the freezer. Once frozen, I transfer to freezer bags for quick meals or when my son wants a "snack" - he'll eat three in one sitting.
Sep 24, 2010
Very Good! I cheated a little and used microwave potatoes. But after placing the "pulp" back in the shells, I baked it. I came out great and was way faster.
Dec 22, 2008
Very good, very filling. Unless your family is large or you're serving these at a party you'll undoubtedly have leftovers. They heat up just fine in the microwave.