Rich N Creamy Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Peel and grate potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 292 calories, 19g fat (13g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2019
I added fresh lightly sauteed mushrooms, minced garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. This is good good good!
Nov 21, 2018
I baked and mashed the potatoes instead of boiling and shredding. Delicious.
Jul 24, 2012
The famous Mormon funeral potatoes! ;) I make this often; one of my favorite recipes.
Nov 27, 2010
I made this for the first time for Thanksgiving of this year and it was something my whole family loved. I will definatly be making this again.****special note I try to cut down on calories and fat intake as much as I can so i used Light sour cream and "healthier" butter. Next time I am going to use 2% cheese and see how it taste with all that. Wonderful recipe not matter what.
Dec 19, 2009
This was a hit with my whole family. I would make it again!
Nov 26, 2009
We love potato casseroles. They fill the house with a wonderful aroma and this one is no different. It is very easy to make and will become a regular addition to our menu. Should go well with everything.
Sep 1, 2009
THIS WAS SO GOOD WILL MAKE IT AGAN