Favorite Cheesy Potatoes
My family loves these potatoes. I make a large batch in disposable pans and serve them at all our get-togethers. The holidays aren't the same without them. It's also a super recipe for Christmas morning brunch. —Brenda Smith, Curran, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-12 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, onion dip, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; gently fold in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine; sprinkle with additional parsley. (Potatoes will thicken upon standing.) Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing covered time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 294 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Yamma's Cheesy Potatoes in Freezer Meals 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.