Favorite Cheesy Potatoes
My family loves these potatoes. I make a large batch in disposable pans and serve them at all our get-togethers. The holidays aren't the same without them. It's also a super recipe for Christmas morning brunch. —Brenda Smith, Curran, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-12 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, onion dip, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; gently fold in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine; sprinkle with additional parsley. (Potatoes will thicken upon standing.)
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, increasing covered time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir to combine. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.