Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
Creamy, cheesy and easy to make, this casserole is the definition of comfort food. This makes two casseroles, so it's great for a crowd; it freezes nicely, too. —Salina Bontrager, Kalona, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
Makes2 casseroles (8 servings each)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first five ingredients. Stir in potatoes, ham and cheese. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 45-55 minutes longer.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 491 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1664mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.