Cheesy Sausage Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary.
- Drain potatoes; arrange in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Add sausage mixture and stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 252 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 11, 2016
This was good, but much better the next day fried so the potatoes were somewhat browned, and served with scrambled eggs. I used mild Italian sausage, and I think it would have been more interesting with more onions and some peppers mixed in.
Mar 3, 2014
This recipe is so good! I used oil instead of butter and it turned out great! I will definately be making this again.
Jan 27, 2013
Very tasty. Will definitely make again.
Sep 21, 2011
Just made it for a second time. So easy and delishious. I added a 1/2 tsp. of sweet basil to the butter before adding it to the potatoes and use red potatoes so I don't have to peel them.
Dec 19, 2008
These are great. I make them all the time.