Cheesy Sausage Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Warm biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and remove sausage. In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in soup until blended. Stir in eggs, mushrooms and sausage. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir; serve over biscuits.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 318 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 4, 2009
I have a picnic/campover every year at my house. Have served this for breakfast the past 3 years. Everybody loves it. Fix it and forget it the night before. Pull biscuits from the freezer and bake them in the a.m.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.