Cheesy Sausage Dip
The garlic really comes through in this crowd-pleasing cheese dip. It's one of our family's all-time favorites. I serve it in a slow cooker with a basket of tortilla chips alongside.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with flour. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, onion and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 81 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Sausage Dip in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Feb 7, 2010
I love this recipe! I use Jimmy Dean's Hot sausage and condensed Golden Mushroom soup (so the color stays nice and yellow). This is a huge favorite at our house. Just made it again for the Super Bowl tonight.