Brunch Puff with Sausage Gravy
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 7 large Eggland's Best eggs, divided use
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk 6 eggs, milk, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg with water. On a lightly floured surface, unfold one sheet of puff pastry and roll to a 10-in. square. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Arrange ham over pastry to within 1 in. of edges; top with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush beaten egg mixture over edges of pastry. Roll remaining puff pastry to a 10-in. square; place over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal; cut slits in top. Brush top with additional egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, wiping skillet clean if necessary.
- In same pan, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in sausage. Serve with pastry.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with 1/4 cup gravy: 546 calories, 35g fat (10g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1138mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 20, 2017
I prepared this recipe today and it was an instant winner. There are several steps but they go fast. We loved this delicious puffed breakfast. The sausage gravy was good but the dish could stand alone without it. Your choice. We cleaned our plates. Would make a beautiful dish for company. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 16, 2017
Oh, my, combines lots of good breakfast foods into one delicious dish. Love to serve this for family brunch or for catering jobs!
Jun 29, 2017
Every Saturday my husband has breakfast club and they prepared this last Saturday and it was easy for him to do and the "boys" loved it they did add some salsa to it but that is them. It was very good and easy to make loved the sausage gravy on top too
Jun 20, 2017
This recipe intrigued me. I LOVE IT!!! how fun, how easy!! It is delicious!