Sausage Brunch Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 380 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 360mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2015
This is really a yummy recipe and pretty easy to put together! I added diced pimientos, but other than that, made as is. My new favorite breakfast casserole!
Jul 31, 2014
Everyone in my family likes sausage in their meals so I couldn't wait to try this casserole. It was a hit. This was so easy to put together. We had it for dinner but it would be good for any meal.
Dec 26, 2013
Perfect breakfast casserole. Our family loved it this Christmas morning. I didn't have mushrooms so sauteed some diced red & yellow peppers to use instead. I did add extra cheese and made sure to use lots of extra spices like garlic, parsley, basil etc. Very versatile - you could use whatever your family prefers.
Dec 21, 2013
Great have used for Chirstmas Morning
Mar 27, 2013
Hello! I originally submitted this recipe in 2003 and it remains my most requested recipe! Thanks to those of you who have tried it and submitted reviews. I also use canned tomatoes and many times leave out the mushrooms. Lately I have been trying different types of cheese....it always tastes great!Paula
Aug 26, 2011
I've made this recipe dozens of times since it was published in 2003. I lost track of it a couple of years ago. I'm excited to try it again now that I have found it here!! To use what is in my pantry I have used canned tomatoes instead of choping fresh ones.
Apr 26, 2011
Made a 1/2 recipe (in an 8x8 pan), but used dried milk, a whole can of mushrooms, about 1/4 cup of fresh garlic chives, and left out the tomato. Turned out good when warm, not so much when cold, but it reheated in the microwave nicely.
Jan 4, 2009
This sounds yummy. My husband and I are fond of sausage/cheese dishes, and this sounds like it may be a keeper.