Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cool potatoes slightly; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl; add butter and mash. Stir in Parmesan cheese, pepper and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 758 calories, 43g fat (19g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 2, 2011
These are good! I am always looking for ways to use sausage in dinner meals, since we rarely have big breakfast fare anymore. I stirred in some sour cream, also, and added chopped green onions under the cheddar cheese. Served with peas'n'carrots. Thank you, Janice :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.