Sausage Potato Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute zucchini with garlic salt until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Drain potatoes; stir into zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and, if desired, cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 448 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1396mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 18, 2017
It was good - nothing stellar but still a good comfort dish for really anytime of year.
Dec 29, 2016
Reminded me of a recipe my mother made years ago (60 or more) and she called it a depression food. Her recipe was with potatoes and hotdogs, but the idea is the same. Seems what goes around comes around with current staples. Thanks for a good meal full of good memories!
Dec 29, 2016
I was 7 or 8 and it was my turn to come up with dinner. I thought of this, along with onions and bell peppers plus other things. I am now almost 59.
Dec 18, 2016
I make a version of this recipe, using hot Italian sausage instead of smoked sausage, which revs up the flavor considerably. I also add some red peppers for more color as well as flavor. This basic recipe is a good base for just about any seasoning you wish to add to suit your particular tastes.
Oct 11, 2016
It was simple and easy.. We used chicken sausage.. It is a bit bland... I will add more spices next time I make it.
Aug 20, 2015
Even with the cheese, this recipe is bland as hell. You have absolutely no seasoning. And no, salt and pepper don't count. Its not bad, its just boring. I did this recipe with saut?ed sweet onions and garlic and some fresh chopped basil, a little Italian seasoning and I replaced the butter with garlic olive oil. Not difficult at all. And for an extra kick of flavor, you could boil your potatoes in chicken broth.
Aug 20, 2015
My husband said this might just be his new favorite! He is an excellent cook and I love to impress him :) This was easy to make. It uses ingredients that are often on-hand in my kitchen and it is easy to customize.
Jun 10, 2014
Very tasty and quick! This is a new go-to recipe.
Feb 19, 2014
Really good and easy to make.
Sep 12, 2013
Surprisingly tasty - big hit with the whole family. I doubled, added a chopped onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic and omitted the garlic salt.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.