Sausage Potato Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute zucchini with garlic salt until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Drain potatoes; stir into zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and, if desired, cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 448 calories, 37g fat (17g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1396mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 9, 2020
Very easy and tasty!
Aug 30, 2019
This is a great and easy recipe. I did not have red potatoes, so I used russet potatoes, but I followed the recipe and it worked great. It was delicious and my husband loved it.
Jun 16, 2019
This is so great it is in my regular rotation, I lighten it up sometimes by using a turkey sausage. Great flavor especially by using fresh garlic instead of garlic powder or salt.
Jun 14, 2019
Nice combo. I always add some onion, though.
Feb 19, 2019
Quick and easy comfort food dinner -- the family loved it! I doubled the recipe and there were no leftovers.
Jan 18, 2017
It was good - nothing stellar but still a good comfort dish for really anytime of year.
Dec 29, 2016
Reminded me of a recipe my mother made years ago (60 or more) and she called it a depression food. Her recipe was with potatoes and hotdogs, but the idea is the same. Seems what goes around comes around with current staples. Thanks for a good meal full of good memories!
Dec 29, 2016
I was 7 or 8 and it was my turn to come up with dinner. I thought of this, along with onions and bell peppers plus other things. I am now almost 59.
Dec 18, 2016
I make a version of this recipe, using hot Italian sausage instead of smoked sausage, which revs up the flavor considerably. I also add some red peppers for more color as well as flavor. This basic recipe is a good base for just about any seasoning you wish to add to suit your particular tastes.
Oct 11, 2016
It was simple and easy.. We used chicken sausage.. It is a bit bland... I will add more spices next time I make it.