Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place broccoli in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add cheese, crumbs, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Place about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each chicken breast. Fold long ends over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. Place chicken, seam side down, on top of broccoli; spread soup over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 371 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2012
This was yummy! Although I didn't have some of the same ingredients, I substituted for the many of the ingredients.I used Broccoli Cheese soup instead of Cream of Mushroom.I used a package of frozen mixed veggies.I used plain oatmeal instead of bread crumbs.It turned out great & we had no leftovers!
Dec 17, 2007
This is a great recipe.