Sausage Chicken Jambalaya
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 6 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large saucepan, saute sausage and chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Add celery and onion; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, rice, thyme and Cajun seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 25, 2018
I added more chicken than the recipe called for but everyone enjoyed it. My son is always tickled when there is sausage in a dish so it was a win for him! I'm sure we will be having it again.
Dec 24, 2016
Surprisingly tasty for a jambalaya this quick! I will definitely be making this again for a delicious, filling and quick meal.
Apr 12, 2014
This is quick, easy and tasty. Added some cayenne pepper, garlic and chopped green pepper (which I needed to use up).