Sausage & Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- Ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first five ingredients; add chicken and sausage. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high 6-8 minutes or until almost tender, stirring twice.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, potatoes, sausage and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning frequently. Serve with ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 304 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1146mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2018
I added 1/3 cup of pineapple juice to the marinade and added the potatoes to the chicken and sausage marinade for 1 hour before microwaving. It turned out really nice.
Jun 29, 2014
I like the addition of the sausage; however the potatoes were very bland. Would have been better in some marinade. Also, the chicken marinade seemed to lack flavor also. But fresh pineapple all the way. It's really no trouble to cut to make the kabobs extra special.
Jun 22, 2013
Very simple, but very delicious. The marinade is delicious!
Apr 14, 2013
Everyone loved this recipe. I use the potatoe cooking a lot anytime I want to grill veggies with new potatoes they turn out perfect. The potatoes and veggies get done without being burnt.
May 16, 2012
Really enjoyed these kabobs, the marinade had just the right flavor. I needed to cook my potatoes a little longer, will make this again.
Nov 18, 2011
I had decided to make this on a cold day, and so didn't want to make it on the outside grill. I tried the George Foreman, altered the cook times and it was amazing. I also used the canned chunks of pineapple. I will definitely make this again, either on or off the outdoor grill. Either way it was great !
Jul 7, 2011
This is an amazing recipe! I've made it three times, all times while entertaining, and each time our guests are blown away! I nuke the potatoes and then put them on the grill in a grill basket with mushrooms...they get a bit crisper that way. Serve with bread and a salad...delish!
Sep 17, 2010
We love this recipe. When my kids had friends over, their friends gobbled it up, too.
Aug 29, 2010
This was ok, but the marinade seemed to be a bit bland compared to marinades we usually use. I used Italian flavored sausage because it was all I had on hand, and it seemed to give the kabobs that extra flavor boost it needed.
Aug 23, 2010
Sooo good!! Next time I will cook the potatoes longer before grilling! Tastes great with the ranch but def. not needed!