Greek-Style Chicken Skewers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing lightly. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 134 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jun 7, 2015
I have never used yogurt as a marinade, these have a nice lemony flavor, very good!
Jun 29, 2014
Excellent! Enjoying on salads too.
May 23, 2014
I really like how the yogurt and lemon tenderizes the chicken. Super tender! Enjoyed this with an orzo salad, full of greek olives, feta cheese, etc.
May 20, 2014
A little bland as some others are saying but with some tzatziki they turned out ok.
Apr 23, 2014
A little bland for our liking but it was simple and we enjoyed it dipped in some ranch for an extra kick of flavor!
Apr 7, 2014
These were delicious and easy to make. My very picky 13 year old ate the whole thing. This recipe is a keeper!
Apr 1, 2014
We did not enjoy this recipe at all. The lemon flavor was too strong and other than the lemon it was very bland.