- 3/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing lightly. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
1 skewer: 134 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
- Jun 7, 2015
I have never used yogurt as a marinade, these have a nice lemony flavor, very good!
- Jun 29, 2014
Excellent! Enjoying on salads too.
- May 23, 2014
I really like how the yogurt and lemon tenderizes the chicken. Super tender! Enjoyed this with an orzo salad, full of greek olives, feta cheese, etc.
- May 20, 2014
A little bland as some others are saying but with some tzatziki they turned out ok.
- Apr 23, 2014
A little bland for our liking but it was simple and we enjoyed it dipped in some ranch for an extra kick of flavor!
- Apr 7, 2014
These were delicious and easy to make. My very picky 13 year old ate the whole thing. This recipe is a keeper!
- Apr 1, 2014
We did not enjoy this recipe at all. The lemon flavor was too strong and other than the lemon it was very bland.