Dad’s Greek Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumbers
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place tomatoes, cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and, if desired, oregano until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Top with olives and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2018
Really good but need to tweak the seasonings a bit for my family as we like things more spicy. Will definitely make often this summer as the flavors are wonderful together.
Feb 1, 2018
Very fresh and delicious flavors! Loved it!
Nov 2, 2015
I didn't have tomatoes! I'd used 2 thinly sliced REGULAR cukes, about 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes, 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, 1/4 tsp. salad seasoning instead of salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and LESS feta cheese since I'm the only one eating this salad. I think this recipe is wonderful! I admit that I am NOT an olive fan! I omitted the olives called for in the recipe! The dressing made for a tangy, tasty addition to this colorful salad! Thank you, Arge Salvatori, for sharing this recipe from your Dad! This is a recipe I plan to use often-I love the flavor! delowenstein
Sep 21, 2015
The salad was simple to prepare and the taste was incredible. This recipe is going into my recipe file..Thank you !!
Aug 27, 2015
Delicious. Thank you, Arge, for sharing your dad's recipe.
Jun 14, 2015
I am a fan of feta and it drew the fkavors together in this salad really well!
Jun 3, 2015
We thoroughly enjoyed this salad! It is very flavorful. Love oregano dressings and the feta was just right. Colorful, too. This is a keeper!