Traditional Greek Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 119 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 6, 2017
How can you say this is a traditional Greek salad with no green peppers and no Greek olives not to mention no lettuce in a traditional Greek salad
Jan 24, 2017
Very delicious and simple salad, went very well with Greek Pork Chops. It's a lovely fresh and crisp salad to serve with any meal, honestly. I love the dressing. The only things I changed was I used Romaine lettuce in place of Iceberg, and in the dressing I used balsamic vinegar because I suddenly realized I was out of red wine vinegar. It worked out very well.
Sep 3, 2014
Awesome and tasty. I put grilled salmon on the top and it was outrageous!