Greek Tortellini Salad
A bold homemade dressing gives this pasta salad a burst of flavor. Watch it disappear from your buffet table. —Sue Braunschweig, Delafield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 16 to 18 ounces refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint flakes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, peppers, onion and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mint, lemon juice, seasoned salt, garlic powder, pepper and pepper flakes; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.
Originally published as Greek Tortellini Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.