Greek Garden Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Just before serving, add salad dressing and oregano; toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 1, 2011
This was the BEST cucumber salad ever. My mom always makes cucumbers and tomatoes with Italian dressing, that is ok, but this receipe is FANTATIC! The feta gives it such a nice punch. I did leave out the green onions and the sweet red pepper as I did not have those on hand. And left out the lettuce leafs as they were just for looks. But as I said it was great! Note once you put the dressing on you need to eat it. It does not hold well, so only make what your family will eat at the time. Great use of my garden bounty. Will be making again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.