Greek Asparagus Salad
Asparagus is one of my favorite spring vegetables, but my family gets bored with it. So I developed a tasty variation of my favorite beet salad using asparagus instead. My husband gave this yummy asparagus salad rave reviews. —Kriss Erickson, Everett, Washington
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining oil; toss to coat. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; mash slightly. Stir in the asparagus, onion, olives and vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta before serving.