Greek Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomatoes, beans, onion, olives, feta cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 278 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 2, 2019
This salad is easy and full of flavor. I have taken it to potlucks and always get asked for the recipe. It is better the longer it sits. My family loves it!
Oct 4, 2013
I can eat just this anytime! Jimmy not so much - hates feta cheese?
May 28, 2012
This salad is wonderfull. I have been making it for years. It is also my Mother-in-laws all time favorite
Aug 6, 2010
Very flavorful and delicious. Great replacement for salad with mayo dressing.
May 12, 2010
Just made this salad, it's very good. However, I reduced salt to 1/2 teaspoon because feta is very salty and it was just right. I also reduced the olive oil to less than 1/4 cup and it didn't affect the end result.