Garden Pasta Salad
This salad includes not only garden vegetables but pasta too. It is a great side dish to any meal.—Bernard Bellin, Franklin, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral or cartwheel pasta
- 3 cups assorted chopped fresh or frozen vegetables
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey or ham
- 1 cup cubed cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Minced fresh parsley or basil, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse. Return pasta to the pan; add vegetables and toss. Cover for 3-5 minutes. Vegetables will lightly steam in pasta.
- Place pasta in a large salad bowl. Top with three-fourths of the dressing and lightly toss. Chill several hours or overnight.
- If pasta is dry, add remaining dressing along with meat, cheese, olives, and parsley or basil if desired. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 29g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Garden Pasta Salad in Reminisce September/October 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.