Veggie Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup each chopped celery, sweet red pepper, zucchini and carrots
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vegetables, vinegar, basil, oil, sugar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 29, 2014
My family really enjoyed this pasta. Will be making this again for sure. Good for a hot day very refreshing. doubled the dressing.
Jul 6, 2013
I made this for my family and a friend on the 4th of July, and we really enjoyed it! It is very flavorful, and I love the veggies in it. I added carrots, and left out the onions and garlic, but I'm going to make it again today and use all the ingredients. :)
May 27, 2013
Great pasta salad!!! Easy to make and makes a nice amount. (grilled leftover veggies to put on other salads). I'll be making this salad often this summer and will be taking this to my next pot luck.
Oct 25, 2012
What a wonderful pasta salad. I doubled the recipe for a party and it was an amazing hit. I also used all the veggies from our local farmers market to get the freshest organic ones. Will be making this one again!!
Jun 28, 2011
i loved it, me & my sister are vegans so we didn't add the cheese and we just used 1/2 tbsp of agave instead of sugar. And cucumber instead of zuchinni because we were out. But totally delish. Looks like a good before a run meal.
Jun 5, 2011
I took this to work for a lunch buffet and everyone loved it! I would definitely make it again!
Feb 7, 2011
Yummy! A great way to get my husband to gobble up some vegetables!~ Theresa
May 1, 2009
Made this for a picnic last Sunday...delicious! Even my eight-year-old grandniece went back for seconds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.