Rainbow Veggie Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min.
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut lengthwise in half and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet yellow, orange and red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2/3 cup Pesto Buttermilk Dressing or reduced-fat buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- Place cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, olives, celery, sweet peppers, onion, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Just before serving, add salad greens. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 64 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2014
Adding Garlic Salt and Pepper to the Vegetables really sets this Salad apart from its counterparts! I will definitely be making my raw vegetables like this in the future!
Nov 17, 2014
I served this salad with Gino East Cheese Pizza--Delicious. I used Caesar Salad dressing and substituted diced apple for the peppers. I also added almonds and sunflower meats.Thanks, Liz, for sharing this recipe.
Nov 7, 2014
This recipe should be called "HEALTHY Rainbow Veggie Salad." Love all the veggies. It makes me happy when I see the fam enjoying food that's good for them. Dressing was very good as well. Home made salad dressing tastes so much better than store-bought!