Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Grill: 10 min.
Makes26 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 pound fusilli or pasta of your choice
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the eggplant, zucchini and summer squash lengthwise into 3/4-in.-thick slices. Brush the eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, red onion and red pepper with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. When cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Add the tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, parsley and grilled vegetables to the pasta. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 185 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2012
Loved this! Left out the cheese for my vegan daughter (added it separately to my plate). Took about 1 hour from start to finish. Both of us deemed this one a DEFINITE KEEPER!!!
Aug 13, 2011
This is a delicious summer salad. The vegetables have that great grilling flavor. It does take a bit of time but it is well woth the effort. I have taken it to two different parties this summer and EVERYONE raved about it and asked for the recipe!!!
Aug 9, 2011
This was good - I was worried that the veggies would overwhelm the pasta but they really didn't. I used fresh mozzarella instead of feta and left out the olives.
Jul 25, 2011
Delicious, but quite time consuming, many steps. Probably something I would make once every summer!