Rice Vegetable Salad
Packed with vegetables, this dish has a touch of Indian flavor. “I first had it at a party and loved the bright look and taste.” It’s a cinch to double, too! —Sandy Heley, Grand Junction, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 279 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Apr 2, 2011
My family found this very tasty
Sep 6, 2010
This salad was easy to make and very good. The Basmati rice is a little pricey to purchace and would suggest using regular instant rice or uncooked long grain rice such as Uncle Ben's.