Chicken Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger and garlic salt. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in the oranges and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 361 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 9, 2011
We love this salad and I have made it many times. The first was for a group of ladies for a luncheon. They loved it. This salad is so refreshing with the fruit, and a nice change from the usual potato or pasta salads.
Apr 15, 2011
I had the magazine with this recipe in it for a few years and somehow lost it. My husband and I loved it and made it to take on road trips and eat out of pocket breads. I liked it with just Townhouse crackers! I'm so glad to see that it's out here because I couldn't replicate it from memory!!
Jul 3, 2009
I've made this over and over and always receive compliments
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.