Egg Rice Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 18, 2011
I made this last month and lost the recipe. My husband and I really like it. I doubled it, otherwise, made just as stated. I didn't mold it, however. I will try it warm, too. It is a keeper for us!
May 28, 2011
This was a nice change from bread products with egg salad. We served it hot (in a bowl, unmolded), because I forgot to prep it ahead of time. It was yummy that way too. We used dill pickles as our family does not like sweet. My husband thought it tasted better with some mustard, but I didn't.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.