Egg and Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- On a salad plate or in a bowl, alternate tomato and egg slices on lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 14, 2011
Next time I make this I would add a little more sugar to the dressing as it was a little sour for my family's tastes. We do love the combination of lettuce tomato and egg, though, and it makes a nice light dinner with some breadsticks on a hot summer night.