Egg and Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- Leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- On a salad plate or in a bowl, alternate tomato and egg slices on lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 14, 2011
Next time I make this I would add a little more sugar to the dressing as it was a little sour for my family's tastes. We do love the combination of lettuce tomato and egg, though, and it makes a nice light dinner with some breadsticks on a hot summer night.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.