Red Potato and Egg Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makes17 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2019
If you like a softer potato salad, use russet (baking) potatoes instead. If you like a firmer potato salad, cook the potatoes whole, and cool them before cutting them up. Either way, it's a nice, slightly tangy potato salad with a nice mix of soft and crisp textures.
Jun 1, 2012
This is Great............a new staple at our house. Even taste better the next day.
Sep 9, 2011
Oops! Forgot to rate it.
Sep 9, 2011
Very good! My husband said he hoped I saved the recipe so that I could make it again!
Jul 5, 2011
I think my mother-in-law makes a mean potato salad. But I made this recipe for July 4th, and I got great ravings from my harshest critics......my kids! This recipe is potato salad perfection!
Oct 9, 2010
Quick because you don't have to peel. We love it without waiting overnight.,
Jun 25, 2010
I love this recipe...I make it a least once a month....The added flavor of relish really gives it a nice taste.