Dilly Potato & Egg Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. + cooling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 pounds medium red potatoes (about 14), peeled and halved
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; cool completely.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Peel and chop four eggs; peel and slice remaining egg. Add chopped eggs, pickles and onion to potatoes. Mix mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper; stir gently into potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika; top with sliced egg. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 326 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 26, 2018
I'd like to offer one bit of advice that saves time. Cut the potatoes into cubes BEFORE boiling (peeled or not), bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer & cook for about 10 min or fork tender. Drain and continue as directed.
May 26, 2018
This is the best potato salad I have ever had. My mom's is good but I couldn't find the recipe. I made this yesterday for a barbecue today. Last night my husband and I couldn't help each having a sample bowl! Delicious!!
Jun 28, 2015
I make this but adding mustard and without celery seed or paprika. It's my family's favorite. In fact, one of my grandsons ate 2 lbs of it a couple of nights ago.
Jun 28, 2015
I make a much demanded version of this but add 1/2 cup of mustard and 2 Tblspoons of pickle juice.
Aug 18, 2014
I made this exactly as written. It was delicious and I loved the change from using my regular celery to using the chopped pickles.
May 10, 2013
good for summer when added dill and scalions.
Apr 19, 2013
Our family loves this recipe. Easy to put together and super good. It's my go-to recipe now.
Jul 1, 2012
This is the best potato salad recipe I've ever made! The dill pickles are what make it so delicious. I tried putting some fresh dill in it and it turned out great!
Apr 7, 2012
I really liked this potato salad, but seemed like it needed more seasoning...more salt/pepper maybe?
May 28, 2011
My family LOVES this potato salad - as soon as the weather gets nicer everyone starts asking when we can do a cookout so I can make my potato salad :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.