Green Bean and Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cubed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes and green beans to a large bowl; add onion and, if desired, mint. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 183 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jan 30, 2020
We loved this simple salad. It’s a great side to accompany any meat. It is easy, colorful and tasty! VFE
Aug 15, 2015
I liked the green beans in this,since it made the starch and veggie together so no extra dishes to make. Ithought the dressing was tasty but this needed something to add a wow factor.