- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2 inch)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook green beans, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove beans with a slotted spoon; drop immediately into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place cucumber, red pepper, onion and beans in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with vegetables. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
1 cup: 107 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.