Green Bean and Walnut Salad
Cranberries make this side dish delightfully Christmasy. Everyone will love the crunchy walnuts, too. —Deborah Giusti, Hot Springs, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 152 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Apr 24, 2014
Want to try this recipe except my fiancé doesn't like walnuts. I'll have to substitute for pecans or almonds. Looks like a delicious recipe though.
Nov 23, 2011
Made this one time for a party. Rave reviews! Easy and tasty.