Green Bean and Walnut Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, walnuts and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Toss before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 152 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2014
Want to try this recipe except my fiancé doesn't like walnuts. I'll have to substitute for pecans or almonds. Looks like a delicious recipe though.
Nov 23, 2011
Made this one time for a party. Rave reviews! Easy and tasty.