Green Beans With Walnuts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat; cook walnuts in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add beans, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 104 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2016
I made this for dinner tonight, as a side with brisket sandwiches. We really enjoyed it.
Sep 22, 2011
Great recipe! It uses everyday ingredients to create an elegant and easy recipe. We served it with Broiled Parmesan tilapia, but the flavors would pair well with a number of main dishes. This is a keeper!
Apr 17, 2011
I made this along with Parmisan Baked Cod. Hubby said it was better than a restaurant. Wow! Very easy and quick.