Green Beans with Zucchini
This tasty combination appears on my table often, especially when zucchini is so abundant. -Gladys De Boer, Castleford, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cut green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Add zucchini; saute for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the bacon, beans, salt and pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Green Beans with Zucchini in Reminisce September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.