Green Beans with Basil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place beans and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 61 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 30, 2017
Yesterday I looked in my ancient 1960s Better Homes and Gardens book and found this recipe. Was so excited that I could use basil and rosemary from my own backyard. Have to tell you, this recipe was a hit with me and with my company. Low in calories and high in flavor. Give it a try.
May 11, 2011
Great! I also had some sliced mushrooms so I put those in with the celery & onion - great!
Dec 24, 2010
I changed it a bit, and it was amazing but with more garlic and basil and without onion and celery. the simpler the better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.