Green Beans with Basil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place beans and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 61 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 30, 2017
Yesterday I looked in my ancient 1960s Better Homes and Gardens book and found this recipe. Was so excited that I could use basil and rosemary from my own backyard. Have to tell you, this recipe was a hit with me and with my company. Low in calories and high in flavor. Give it a try.
May 11, 2011
Great! I also had some sliced mushrooms so I put those in with the celery & onion - great!
Dec 24, 2010
I changed it a bit, and it was amazing but with more garlic and basil and without onion and celery. the simpler the better.